To locate a provider online, click here.
In most instances, members receive discounts of 15% to 50% per visit* on dental services at over 125,000** available dental practice locations nationwide. Members simply show their card with the Aetna Dental Access® logo and pay the discounted price at the time of service. Members can use their card and enjoy the savings time and time again.
- In most instances, members save 15% to 50% per visit* on services from general dentistry and cleanings to root canals and crowns.
- Over 125,000** available dental practice locations in the national network.
- Save on routine dental services such as x-rays and fillings.
- Save on specialty dental care such as orthodontics and periodontics where available.
* Actual costs and savings vary by provider, service and geographical area.
** As of November 1, 2012.
- Dental Benefit is not available to Vermont residents.
- The discount program provides access to the Aetna Dental Access® network. This network is administered by Aetna Life Insurance Company (ALIC). Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates offers or administers the discount program. Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates is an affiliate, agent, representative or employee of discount program. Dental providers are independent contractors and not employees or agents of ALIC or its affiliates. ALIC does not provide dental care or treatment and is not responsible for outcomes.
|Product/Service ||Select Regional Average Cost* ||Average Cost with Aetna Dental Access® ||Total Savings |
|Adult Cleaning ||$108 ||$59 ||$49 |
|Child Cleaning ||$78 ||$42 ||$36 |
|Routine Checkup ||$56 ||$30 ||$26 |
|Four Bitewing X-rays ||$68 ||$36 ||$32 |
|Composite (White) Filling ||$171 ||$90 ||$81 |
|Crown (porcelain fused to noble metal) ||$1,178 ||$748 ||$430 |
|Complete Upper Denture ||$1,265 ||$896 ||$369 |
|Molar Root Canal ||$1,095 ||$669 ||$426 |
|Extraction (single tooth) ||$187 ||$82 ||$105 |
*The select regional average fee represents the average fees for the procedures listed above in Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago and New York City, as displayed in the Estimate the Cost of Care tool as of September 2011.
Q. How does the dental plan work?
A. Participating dental providers are listed in the membership fulfillment kit; members may also call the toll-free number located on the back of the membership card Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time. When calling to schedule an appointment the member should identify him/herself as a member of the Aetna Dental Access® program. To receive the discount the member must present the membership card and pay the total discounted bill at the time of service.
Q. Is there a limit to the number of times the card can be used?
A. No. Members and their families may take advantage of the savings any time throughout the year. Members may also change dentists within the network whenever they choose.
Q. May this discount be combined with dental insurance?
A. In some cases, members may use both. If your insurance company allows you to submit claims after service, simply visit a participating dental provider, pay the discounted bill and submit the bill and claim to the insurance company. The net out-of-pocket cost will be lower because the insurance company would reimburse the member the percentage of the reduced bill as defined in their insured plan. If your insurance company does not allow the policyholder to submit claims, the discount dental can only be used for services not paid for by the insurance such as cosmetic dentistry or services after your annual maximum has been met.
Q. Is there someone that can answer questions about the card and services offered?
A. Yes. Simply call the toll-free number located on the back of the membership card Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Central and Saturday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central. A member services representative is standing by to answer any questions.
Q. What if a member's dentist is not a participating provider?
A. Simply call the toll-free number on the membership card and give the member services representative the doctor's name, address, phone number and specialty. We then contact the doctor about becoming a provider.